How is Laser Cataract Surgery Different from Traditional Cataract Surgery?
In traditional cataract surgery, incisions in the cornea are made using handheld blades to access the cataract. The Catalys Precision Laser System offers tailored treatment to each individual’s eye. With Catalys, your surgeon can make the incisions with exceptional precision and accuracy, creating a circular opening with the exact intended size, shape and location using the precision of the laser.
The laser can also be used to break up and soften the hard cataract. Softening the lens with the Catalys laser enables your surgeon to then remove the cataract more gently and with significantly less ultrasound energy than is used in traditional manual cataract surgery. This gentle, low energy approach reduces inflammation and helps speed visual recovery.
Depending on your pre-operative vision and desired visual results, your surgeon can recommend a tailored treatment plan that could include creating ultra-precise laser incisions in the cornea and a specific lens implant type (e.g. Multifocal lens for near and far vision).This tailored treatment may reduce your need for glasses or contact lenses after surgery!
What are the Benefits of Laser Cataract Surgery?
• A customized treatment plan tailored for your eye using advanced 3-D imaging
• A more precise treatment with little or no discomfort
• A gentler and easier cataract removal
• Increased visual recovery due to reduced inflammation
• The opportunity to receive tailored treatment with advanced technology multi-focal lenses, which may reduce the need for glasses or contacts after surgery
For additional information please call our office or e-mail us.